Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First Blog - Getting Started

April 13, 2010
I have been thinking about blogging for quite a while. I love to read mommy, cooking, stamping, science, kid activity, and fitness blogs. I mainly want a place to write down memories. My only child just turned 4-years-old and time seems to be speeding by so fast I don't feel like I have a chance to take it all in.

My son, Boogs (short for Booger Bear) turned 4 years old last week. I love little kid birthday parties and always have fun planning for his birthdays. This year Boogs decided he had to have a Halloween birthday party for his April birthday. I really got into the Halloween spirit with our party foods: cheese stick fingers, orange jack-o-lantern fruit cups, mummy dogs, jack-o-lantern birthday cake, spiderweb seven layer dip, and deviled egg eyballs. I even made a Frankenstein pinata and had the juice boxes on ice in a cauldron. Boogs and his friends wore Halloween costumes and had a good time.
  





2 comments:

  1. Look at those orange jack-o-lantern cups! So creative. What a fun first post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. Those oranges took FOREVER to hollow out.

      Delete