Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fitness update

Well we are three weeks out from my husband's first bodybuilding competition. He is working on getting his body fat percentage down so that his muscles will really show. It is working because you could do a charcoal rubbing of his oblique abs for an anatomy lesson. He has been putting in a lot of work at the gym and on posing for the competition.

I have been running since January. And now I have signed up for a half marathon and a warrior dash race. Last weekend I ran nine and a half miles. While looking at some training programs for "First Marathon Training", I noticed that my mileage is right on track for 18 weeks from a full marathon. Well, it is 17 weeks until my half marathon and I can switch it to a full up until two weeks before the race. I think I am going to train for a full marathon just to see if I can do it. The good thing is that there is no pressure. My goal this year is just to complete a half marathon. The extra training can't hurt. I am still at the gym three days a week and have a yoga class once a week. For my husband and I, 2010 is our "Year of Fitness".

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a possible marathon--that is so exciting! Sounds like you can start the training and just see how your body handles it. Either way you'll meet your goal!

    ReplyDelete