Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Getting Ready for the Countdown

I cannot believe December 1st is tomorrow. Wow! This year has flown by so fast. I spent part of my day getting Boogs' Christmas Countdown Calendar ready. Last year, I bought this countdown tree at Walgreens.
 


I saved it to use again. I have put a small treat and a note in each box.  The notes have special activities for Boogs to do each day. The activities include: take a picture with Santa, make a Christmas card, go ice skating, make a gingerbread house, pick out a gift to give to the toy mountain for a needy child, make different crafts, feed the birds with a homemade bird feeder, make gifts for teachers and library workers, take a drive to look at the Christmas lights, get on a plane to go visit Grandmaman and Grandpapa, write a letter to Santa, help clean up our favorite park, leave milk and cookies out for Santa, and a few other activities.

We can't decorate for the holidays because we are trying to sell our house. So, I hope these activities will get Boogs into the holiday spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment