Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wreck This Journal

We were in Canada with my husband's family for the past two weeks. I will post pictures of our visit later. Today, I am sharing my favorite gift that we gave Boogs this year. It is a book by Keri Smith called Wreck This Journal. Each page in the book gives instructions for a different way to wreck it. I bought one for Boogs and one for myself so that we could do this together. Boogs really likes this book.

The red paint on his nose is from face painting at school. I could not get all of it off of Boogs' nose.
Holding the journal open with his foot so he could poke holes with a pencil.


A page full of holes.

He wrote "that hurts" by the largest hole.

The next page he wanted to do was Journal Golf.

We saved the page so he can play it again.

We took the book with us to Canada. Boogs tore out the page that instructed him to make a drinking funnel.

He was very excited to fill it with water and see if it would work.
Success!
Another page instructed you to make a paper chain.

Boogs is enjoying messing up his journal. I told him we had to wait to get back home before he could do the really messy things to it. Things that involve spilling food/drinks, throwing paint, vegetable prints, etc. I look forward to seeing what he wants to do next.



Be sure to check out the wonderful sites I link to on my sidebar!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that in the book store and thought it was pretty cool. But I hadn't even thought of it as a gift for my kids. Great idea, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is having fun with it. I am glad I bought one for myself because I think I like it more than he does.

      Delete