Saturday, May 9, 2015

Family Day

Last Sunday, was a great day to have family time. My husband decided it was time for Boogs to learn how to cook some "man food" on the grill. They grilled a couple of Kielbasa sausages for lunch.

We took a bike ride to a nearby park. Well, they rode bikes to the park. Somehow I have managed to bend the back wheel on my bike. I had to ride a scooter to the park. I could barely keep up with them.
 It was a beautiful day for a bike ride.
 We played at the park for a couple of hours.




Boogs made dinner for us. He grilled pork chops and asparagus (with Daddy's help) and mircrowaved some baked potatoes.
 Dinner was delicious!
It was the perfect way to spend a lazy Sunday. The next evening, I noticed spots all over Boogs' side. I took him to the doctor on Tuesday morning and we were told he probably had Chicken Pox. Boogs had to spend the rest of the week at home. The Chicken Pox vaccine is supposed to be 98% effective, I guess he fell into the 2% of people who don't get immunity from the vaccine. It has been a very long week. We are hoping he will be able to go back to school on Monday.

This post is linked to:
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you made the most of your Sunday and it was just as well you did, it's a shame that Boogs didn't get immunity from Chicken Pox and he's been stuck inside all week. I hope you get up to more fun like this now he's feeling better again though! Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great day! That park looks fun, and it certainly was a nice day for a bike ride. Hope Boogs is feeling better now x #countrykids

    ReplyDelete